So we thought we would update you of whats been going on at HQ . The entire structure of the charity has been evolving and we are so happy to to introduce our new organisational structure. We now have a dedicated panel helping us to implement all new projects and grow the charity to the next level . We have four parent ambassadors Christine, Hayley , Laura and Cheryl each with a valid skill set and huge knowledge base ranging from a Occupational Therapist , palliative care , transition to adult services to name a few coupled with experience of parenting children with complex needs . We have a youth ambassador Myles aged 19 who leads the development of new idea for projects . Myles is a full time wheelchair user with cerebral palsy and scoliosis and he is also undertaking our first internship with us. We have three sibling ambassadors Zac,Ruby and Jacob implementing new and exciting projects and giving us guidance on developing fully inclusive family activities . We also have welcomed two young advisories Abigail and Ben that have transitioned into adult services and help us at events . Together we all form a fantastic team led by the very people we seek to serve , and we look forward to pushing boundaries and holistically helping families during 2019 and beyond. 🙂 🙂
So far this year we have planned so far .
1.A trip for 70 people this year to attend Bendrigg activity centre in the Lake District for a residential weekend of inclusive activities such as canoeing and abseiling , all accessible for wheelchair users .
2. A family day at Drayton Manor in June to take part in the amazing Kids Out colour Run .
3. A full day summer party for 400 attendees
4. The Superhero Tri . We have joined this event a charity friend and will be attending in our red strongbones capes for a day on inclusive fun .
5. We will be continuing with our moving and handling solutions through the year by funding more hoists , and promoves when funding arises and new equipment such as Splashy big bath seats.
6. We will be developing a new sensory pack this year following on from the success of our music sensory packs .
7. All the smaller things like balloons to those in hospital will be continuing in the background .
We are all super excited for the coming year.