Apply for a Grant
The Following Criteria Applies To All New Applicants
- We support children with bone conditions that meet one of the following additional criteria:-
-Complex health needs
-Receiving palliative care
- New applicants must be under the age of 21.
- Our grant scheme for individuals is only available for disability/sensory equipment, manual wheelchairs, supportive seating, acheeva learning stations, portable hoists, educational resource packs, skoog musical interface and communication aid, adapted trikes and hand cycles and smart home technology. Applications will be assessed at periodic meetings by a panel consisting of trustees, parent ambassadors and our grants officer . Emergency grants will be tabled as needed.
- All applications must be enclosed with an official document from a hospital or other medical body detailing your child’s medical condition.
- up to a maximum of 70% of the cost of equipment will be provided. Payment will be made of our agreed pledged amount direct to the supplier once the balance has been raised.
- All grants can only be made to the supplier direct or a social workers patient/client account. The equipment will be delivered to you .
- Medical professional/social workers can supply the grant information on headed paper instead of a charity application form.
- All manual wheelchairs and supported seating must be accompanied with a quote and the endorsement of a occupational therapist stating postural requirements and that the requested item will be an improvement on current equipment the child has .
- FINANCIAL INFORMATION MUST BE COMPLETED IN FULL (This enables us to ensure help is going to those who need it most. Financial details are kept completely confidential). Please note : applications are means tested and assessed on financial income.
- Repeat applicants can only reapply after 18 months has elapsed since your last grant unless the child is terminal or under exceptional circumstances.
- All grants must be followed up with a photo and brief report within six months of purchase to allow us to continue to monitor the outcomes of the grant process
- All applications will not be successful and the trustees decision is final.
- Driving Lessons
- DFG Top Up’s
- Household appliances and furniture
- Holidays (excluding our group trips)
- Days out (excluding group trips)
- Electric Wheelchairs ( please visit Newlife and Whizzkids )
- Game Consoles
- Garden & Bedroom Makeovers ( WellChild provide grants for this please see following link
- WellChild | Garden & Bedroom Makeovers
If you would like to apply for a grant please call 01708 750599 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will supply you with a form and pre-paid envelope. Forms can no longer be completed online.
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
Once we receive your completed application and all the additional paperwork it will go forward to the next available trustee’s meeting and we will confirm via email that we have received everything. It may take up to three months to receive a decision . If there are not enough funds to help everyone selected they will roll over to the next meeting. Emergency applications for children with bone cancer undergoing treatment or terminally ill children will be assessed in-between meetings and take priority over all other applications. If Successful a term of us providing the grant is that you provide an update and a photo of the child with the equipment.
APPLY FOR A HOSPITAL BALLOON SURPRISE
Is your child poorly in hospital or having a planned large operation and would like some balloons?
Then please complete the form below attaching a copy of any new/old hospital letter confirming bone condition/diagnosis.
photo for illustrative purposes only